Tuesday, November 08, 2005

Don't Judge A Book By Its Cover

I can't believe that I agree with one of the NBA's most hoodlum looking tattoo ladened player Allen Iverson. I agree with his response to the NBA's commissioner's (Stern) new dress code that tries to help with the image (a mostly accurate one I might add) which is that the players are largely aloof, rebellious, prone to violence or criminal behavior. The do-rags, baggy pants, bling, etc. are sending a message my son won't be allowed to admire or follow. Iverson's response to Stern's new dress code which amounts to wearing sport coat attire (no hats or sun glasses) when representing the team or league was "You can put a murderer in a suit and he's still a murderer." Well I agree....while I don't blame Stern for this business decision a sport coat won't change what's in the hears and minds of these players who while making millions pretend they're still just like the homey's they left behind. There's more to values, your moral code, your respect for others and the law then what you wear....but I guess it's a start.

No comments: