Friday, October 22, 2004

Liberal or Conservative, who is more racist?

It's interesting that today many still think of conservatives (Republicans) as slow talking, not so smart descendents of slave owners who still wish slavery was with us. In my experience and in my observations of those aligned as liberal or conservative the former seems to have a propensity to racist behavior. It's also easy to find examples of blacks who are racist while spending a career claiming others are. You can find these examples with little effort..if you're curious study the websites of the Congressional Black Caucus and the NAACP. An example that caught my attention was the recent cartoon depicting Condoleezza Rice as a mammy and an editorial on this by the WSJ editorial board. Check the cartoonists defense at the end of the piece! Any bets on whether any supposed black leader or the NAACP had any issue with this cartoon?

Gee, speak of the NAACP....National Association for the Advancement of Colored People! As a white person, don't I have color? (I assume beige is a color) Does the NAACP support my advancement? Would anyone have a problem if I said my company has no problem hiring colored people? I think this falls under the bullshit hypocrite double standard of it's ok for a black to say the n word but not me. The front page of the NAACP site says:
Today we face a renewed effort as the forces of racism and retrogression in
America are again on the rise. Many of the hard-earned civil rights gains of the
past three decades are under assault.
Of course I didn't see examples of this referenced...only the link to join and donate under this statement. Of course if this evil wasn't on the rise and it was generally accepted as no longer being an issue the NAACP would have no reason to exist? Sort of a conflict for these boys isn't it?

No comments: