Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Bias or poor fact checking?

I was reading Michelle Malkin's blog today and found out the headlines I've been seeing everywhere quoting Dubya as saying "30,000 civilians killed in Iraq" is in fact being universally incorrectly described. The actual question put to Bush to which he gave this answer included Iraq military, police, insurgents, translators and yes civilians. Here's the exact dialog found on the White House website :

Q Since the inception of the Iraqi war, I'd like to know the approximate total of Iraqis who have been killed. And by Iraqis I include civilians, military, police, insurgents, translators.

THE PRESIDENT: How many Iraqi citizens have died in this war? I would say 30,000, more or less, have died as a result of the initial incursion and the ongoing violence against Iraqis. We've lost about 2,140 of our own troops in Iraq.

Now look at a Google search of how the MSM describes the 30,000

No comments: