Sunday, January 15, 2006

I also have a dream


Monday is MLK day. Like MLK, I too have a dream. My dream is that one day those who profess that racism, in particular against blacks, abounds will no longer promote separatism and instead racial homogeny...a color blind society. But my dream is not promoted by those who claim to be my dreams biggest proponents. The "supposed" black leaders of today will speak at one gathering, or another, this Monday and speak of no progress, divisive rhetoric towards Bush or conservatives, and continued calls for special treatment of blacks. I have always been amazed at the hypocrisy of those who call for special treatment, special laws targeting someone by their skin color (or some definition of minority) all under the label of "equality". I'm certain that a search of the stories on MLK day gatherings when we reach Monday evening will show a lot of hate speech and miss-guided vitriol that would not be favored by MLK himself.

UPDATE (1/16): Not exactly what I was expecting but Gore used a MLK event and speaking engagement to attack Bush (and his administration) with hyperbole and innuendo. Gore talks about an abuse of power and any legality issues as if it's a foregone conclusion that there is wrong doing. No proof, he has no inside information so since he can't get in trouble for implying it's all evil he does so. Just a sample of this is Gore says at this MLK event that our executive branch has been "caught" eavesdropping....and ads "It is imperative that respect for the rule of law be restored." As if Dubya is eavesdropping on joe average citizen. And you explain to me how this diatribe by Gore that lasted for 7400+ words, and all the way through was mostly an anti-Bush fest, isn't an insult to MLK's memory?

No comments: