Two of the demands bitter Paris made throw out the notion of innocents until proven guilty, rush to judgment and seek to claim blacks are above our system. He called for the accused players to be expelled from Duke and that they be tried and convicted. He demanded they be convicted! I physically laughed when I read this. Nothing like saying crazy foolish idiotic things to give your group credibility and remove all hope of being taken seriously!
But the Duke demands, while ridiculous, are quite small compared to the demands the NBPP have in their 10 point platform. Here are the highlights in their words exactly, caps where they put them:
- We want freedom. We want the power to practice self-determination, and to determine the destiny of our community and THE BLACK NATION.
- We want full employment for our people and we demand the dignity to do for ourselves what we have begged the white man to do for us.
- We want tax exemption and an end to robbery of THE BLACK NATION by the CAPITALIST.
- We want decent housing, fit for shelter of human beings, free health-care (preventive and maintenance).
- We want education for our people that exposes the true nature of this devilish and decadent American society.
- We want all Black Men and Black Women to be exempt from military service.
- We want an immediate end to POLICE HARRASSMENT, BRUTALITY and MURDER of Black People. We want an end to Black-on-Black violence, snitching, cooperation and collaboration with the oppressor.
- We want freedom for all Black Men and Black Women held in international, military, federal, state, county, city jails and prisons.
- We want all Black People when brought to trial to be tried in a court by a jury of their peer group or people from their Black Communities, as defined by white law of the Constitution of the United States.
- WE DEMAND AN END TO THE RACIST DEATH PENALTY AS IT IS APPLIED TO BLACK AND OPPRESSED PEOPLE IN AMERICA. WE DEMAND FREEDOM FOR ALL POLITICAL PRISONERS OF THE BLACK RED AND BROWN NATION!
I especially love #8....ya, every one of them is innocent! The text I left out, and found elsewhere on their site, is disturbing. I can only assume that anyone with some education, some ability to read and decide on their own, would only follow this group if they have other issues that cloud all reason and common sense.
I find it interesting how many of these self appointed black leaders and rabble-rousers have the title of "Dr." Have they really received a doctorate from an accredited university? I suspect not. This is likely an example of the loose standards these groups and individuals apply as evidenced by the frequent and fictitiousus use of the label reverend or minister. In the case of the Paris Dr. Malik Zulu Shabazz Attorney at Law Lewis the bio on the NBPP site doesn't provide any background on the "Dr." title. I think I'll start adding spurious self serving addition to my name...like Tiny Esq.
I think having read the NBPP website and seeing that Paris surrounds himself with members dressed in military style garb, and are apparently armed when they can be, labeling them militant is appropriate. It is truly sad when a person, or group, is given a national stage to promote divisive ideas and prey on the naive, uneducated and poor to build a following. Paris, and many pseudo black leader not as militant, would have you believe that white America, and Jews, and especially those in power, are knowingly and systematically preying on blacks day in and day out. To hear Paris Lewis (as in this ), to read the NBPP material, suggests that the situation for todays black is worse than the country MLK knew. A vast conspiracy oracismim and hatred of the blacks by the entire white establishment...give me a break. You may have never met real hate...well I'm sorry to say I just introduced it to you.