Saturday, December 23, 2006

Merry Christmas

This was my failed attempt at a humorous Christmas card...based on the Seinfeld TV show character Frank Castanza's (George's dad) rebellious alternative to Christmas, Hanukkah and everything in between. The holiday slogan is "A Festivus for the rest of us". It was presented in a single episode in 1997. Based, apparently, on one of the shows writers actual experience with his father's irreverent attitude around Christmas time it includes traditions that I wanted to make part of my family traditions.

These include: A simple undecorated pole instead of a tree...I added the lights as to not totally break from traditional trimmings all in one swoop! There is also the "Airing of Grievances" in which each person tells everyone else all the ways they've disappointed him/her over the past year. After the Festivus dinner "Feats of Strength" are performed. And my favorite, Festivus is not declared over until the head of the household is wrestled to the floor and pinned.

Alas, my wife vetoed the drawing as our Christmas card....my original artwork down the tubes!

So, regardless how or what you celebrate during Christmas here's wishing you and your family a Merry Christmas...because that's what we are celebrating at my house!

God bless...Tiny

No comments: